In the first quarterfinals at the World Cup in Qatar, the Croatian national team will play with the Brazilian national team. Your attention is invited to the forecast for this match.
The finalist of the last world championship is determined to get to the trophy match again, although few people believed in the Croats before the start of the tournament. They never lost in the group stage, but still reached the playoffs from the second place, as they beat only the Canadian national team (4:1), sharing points with the teams of Morocco (0:0) and Belgium (0:0). In the 1/8 finals, the "checkers" in a series of penalty shootouts broke the resistance of the Japanese national team (1:1, pen. 3:1).
The Brazilian national team is considered the main contender for winning the trophy in Qatar, although it has already managed to lose in the group stage, sensationally losing to the Cameroon national team (0:1). It's true, it happened after the victories over the teams of Serbia (2:0) and Switzerland (1:0), so Selesao got into the playoffs anyway from the first place. Having received the South Korean national team as rivals in the 1/8 finals, the Brazilians did not experience any problems with passing on, winning big – 4:1.
Statistics and figures
- Croatia has a 10-match winless streak (6 wins + 4 draws), never missing more than one goal in its own goal;
- Croatia has not conceded in three of the last five matches;
- Croatia has won only 1 match out of the last eight at the World Championships in regular time, although it has lost only once;
- Brazil has never lost to Croatia in history (3 wins + 1 draw);
- Brazil has won 10 matches out of the last 11, losing only once;
- In three of the last four matches of Brazil, there was a bet "At least one will not score";
- In Brazil's last eight matches at the World Championships, the main time has never ended in a draw (6 wins + 2 losses).
The Brazilians beat the Croats twice at the World Championships, but at the group stage in 2006 and 2014. Although at the same time, these points were not enough for the Croats to reach the playoffs, so they were eliminated. This time it will also be difficult for the Croatian national team to hope for something. In the duel with the Koreans, the main Brazilian squad proved that they kept a wonderful form, despite the fact that the understudies played in the third round of the group stage. "Checkers" will find it difficult to restrain the pentacampeons after a 120-minute duel with the Japanese.