In the match of the second round of the group stage of the World Cup, the teams of Spain and Germany will meet. Will the Spaniards be able to continue their incredible rhythm or will the Germans rehabilitate themselves for losing the first match?
Spain showed an extra-class game in the first match, beating the Costa Rica national team with a score of 7:0. This is the biggest victory of the "red fury" in the history of the world Championships.
The Spaniards also set the following records in this match:
- Became the first national team since 1966 to make 1000+ assists in a World Cup match;
- By the number of accurate transmissions (976);
- By possession of the ball (81.8%)
This year, Spain won its group in the League of Nations, being above Portugal, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.
Germany sensationally lost to Japan with a score of 1:2 in the first match of the World Cup, although it led during the match. This is the first defeat of the Germans at the World Cup since 1978, when they led after the first half.
In its group in the League of Nations, Germany took third place, losing to Italy and Hungary, scoring only seven points in six matches.
Statistics and figures
- Spain is the favorite of the match;
- Germany in the first match of the tournament lost to Japan with a score of 1:2;
- In the last full-time match, Spain won with a score of 6:0
I think Spain will win by continuing to show their game from the first match. Do not forget that Germany has problems in attack. The main forward of the team is Kai Havertz, who scored only three goals this season.