In the match of the third round of the group stage of the World Cup, the teams of Costa Rica and Germany will meet. Will the European team be able to make it to the playoffs of the tournament or will it sensationally leave the World Cup? We'll figure it out.
Costa Rica, after two rounds, takes third place in the standings, with three points scored. In the first match, they defeated the Spanish national team with an indecent score of 0:7. Many expected that they would fail in the second match, but the North American team beat the Japanese national team with a minimal advantage in the score of 1:0.
To reach the playoffs of the World Cup of Costa Rica, you need to score points in the match and hope for a favorable outcome in the match between the national teams of Japan and Spain.
Recall that the Costa Ricans made their way to the tournament only after the play-off match, where they passed the New Zealand national team only after a penalty shootout.
Germany, after two rounds, takes the last place in the standings, having only one point scored. In the first meeting, the Germans lost 1:2 to the Japanese national team, and in the second they drew against the Spaniards (1:1).
For the first time in its history, Germany has not won a single victory in the first two matches at the World Cup. Also, the Germans have never played zero in eight official matches in 2022.
Outcomes that may occur after the match:Germany will be eliminated from the tournament if it does not win;
- Germany will take second place if they win by two goals, and Japan will draw with Spain;
- Germany will be eliminated from the tournament if they win by one goal, regardless of the result of the match between the national teams of Japan and Spain;
- Germany will be eliminated if they win, and Japan will beat the Spanish national team.
Statistics and figures
- Germany is the clear favorite of the match according to bookmakers;
- Germany only needs a big victory so as not to depend on a parallel match between the national teams of Japan and Spain;
- The teams met once, at the World Cup in 2006, the German national team won with a score of 4:2.
I think that Germany has a confident, crushing victory in order to have a chance of reaching the playoffs of the World Cup.