In one of the matches of the 5th round of the Europa League group stage, Bayer and Celtic will come face to face. Which of the opponents will get the victory in this confrontation? LiveResult.Ru evaluates the opponents' chances of success.
The Leverkusen team copes with its task of reaching the playoffs of the Europa League. It is worth noting that after four rounds, the team deservedly leads in Group G. The "Pharmacists" look just a head stronger than their rivals and lost points only in one case, having painted a 1-1 draw with Betis on the road. Seoane's team is characterized by a good defensive game and conceded only 2 goals. It looks balanced in all lines. In the previous round, Leverkusen proved that the draw in Seville was just an accident. The "Medics" defeated the opponent with a score of 4:0.
The Scottish team is four points behind the leader, as a result of which it is in the standings on the third line. Ange Postecoglou's team started very unconvincingly, losing two opening meetings. However, then the team was able to tune in to positive notes and beat Ferencvaros twice (2:0 and 3:2). Celts have improved their position in the Scottish Championship and are now losing to Rangers by only 4 points, being in second place in the national championship.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Demirbay (red card) – Bayer.
- Bakker (ankle), Baumgartlinger (knee), Fosu-Mensah (knee) – all Bayer. Dembele (ankle), Julien (knee), Rogic (muscle injury), Starfelt (muscle injury), Taylor (shoulder) - all Celtic.
Statistics and figures:
- Bayer is the favorite of the meeting;
- Leverkusen have a 3-match unbeaten streak;
- Celtic have not lost in 9 previous matches;
- The last and only meeting of the rivals ended with a score of 4:0 in favor of Bayer.
Bayer confidently dealt with Celtic in the first match, playing away. And here, on their own field, the "pharmacists" should confidently outplay the "Celts". Our bet in this confrontation will be in favor of the minimum handicap of Bayer.