As part of one of the matches of the Champions League group stage, the players of Porto and Liverpool will come face to face. On whose side will the victory be in this confrontation? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this game.
The players of Porto, like other teams, held one meeting in the group round of the Champions League. It is worth noting that in the first round, the Portuguese team drew away with Atletico Madrid (0: 0). In the national championship, the Dragons are on the second line, four points behind Benfica. It is worth noting that the Eagles are still going without losses. As for the team from Porto, it has already lost points twice, having painted the world with " Maritimo "and"Sporting".
The Merseysiders successfully started in the Champions League, where they defeated Milan with a score of 3 in the first round of the group stage on their own field in a strong-willed style:2. In the current English championship, Liverpool lost points in the home battle with Chelsea (1: 1), and last weekend, away with Brentford (3: 3). In the rest of the meetings, the "reds" invariably won, never conceding in those meetings. Taking into account last season, the Merseysiders won 9 matches out of 11, and defeats have not happened to the club in 16 consecutive meetings.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Mbemba (red card) – Porto.
- Marcesin (knee) – Porto. Alcantara (calf injury), Elliot (ankle) - all Liverpool.
- Under question:
- Pepe (injury) – Porto. Minamino (injury), Williams (leg), Firmino (injury) – all Liverpool.
Statistics and figures:
- Liverpool - the favorite of the meeting;
- Porto has not lost during the last 22 meetings;
- Liverpool has a 12-match unbeaten streak in all competitions, including friendly games;
- The last face-to-face meeting of the teams ended with a score of 4:1 in favor of Liverpool.
I think that Liverpool is able to win away from the Portuguese team, at Dragau. Recently, the Reds have been playing confidently in European tournaments, and the match in Portugal will not be an exception to the rules.