As part of one of the matches of the Champions League group stage, the players of Milan and Atletico Madrid will come face to face. Who will get the victory in this meeting? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this match.
Last season, the Rossoneri were able to please their fans and returned to the Champions League. The first match of the group stage "red-black" was held in England, where they failed to keep the victory over Liverpool. After the first half, Pioli's team unexpectedly led the score (2: 1), but after the break, the Reds pulled themselves together and squeezed the red-blacks-2:3. In Serie A, Milan does not know defeats after six rounds. Pioli's team was able to win 5 matches, having drawn once. In the last meetings, the hosts took turns defeating "Venice" and "La Spezia".
After many years of waiting, Atletico finally managed to regain the title of champion of Spain. The team from Madrid held the first place for half of the season, which it retained at the finish of the championship. The start in the LCH was not successful, because the Indians rolled up a draw with Porto on their own field. At the same time, at times in that meeting, Madrid looked too pale. After seven rounds of the national championship, the Simeone team recorded four victories to its credit and twice completed the meetings with the world. But in the last meeting, the Spaniards sensationally lost to the last team of the championship – Alaves with a score of 0: 1.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Savic (red card) – Atletico Madrid.
- Ibrahimovic (Achilles injury), Krunic (muscle injury), Messias( muscle injury), Pizzari (knee), Florenzi(knee) - all Milan .
- Under question:
- Bakayoko (injury), Kier (muscle injury) - all AC Milan.
Statistics and figures:
- The opponents have approximately equal chances of winning;
- "Milan" won the last 2 matches;
- Atletico won 2 of the previous 5 matches;
- The rivals held only 2 face-to-face meetings with each other;
- Both were won by Atletico players.
I believe that in this match, the opponents will be distinguished by an active game, which will bring at least 10 earned corners. The opponents are acting effectively, and with the right approach they will be able to please us with good performance.