As part of one of the matches of the group stage of the Europa League, the players of Rangers and Lyon will come face to face. On whose side will the victory be in this meeting? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this meeting.
The Rangers players under the leadership of Steven Gerrard are gradually regaining their former glory. After five rounds in the Scottish championship, the team single-handedly topped the standings, gaining 12 points and being one point ahead of the nearest competitor. In the last match, Gers were able to beat St. Johnstone on the road, having a solid advantage over the opponent (2: 1). Before that, the team was able to beat Celtic on its own field, having also won success with a minimal advantage – 1:0.
"Lyon" by Peter Bosch is gradually gaining momentum in the French championship and after vague performances in the first rounds ,the "weavers" gave out two confident duels. At first, the "children" were able to beat Nantes away, finishing the match in the minority, after which they dealt with Strasbourg (3:1) at home, conceding a goal from Racing in extra time. In this meeting, Lyon will not be listed as the favorite of the meeting.
Statistics and figures:
- The opponents have approximately equal chances of winning;
- The Rangers have a 6-match unbeaten streak;
- "Lyon" has a 3-match series without defeats;
- The "Weavers" have scored at least a goal in the last 3 games;
- The rivals met each other three times;
- In the last face-to-face meeting, Rangers defeated Lyon with a score of 2: 0;
- In all three face – to-face matches of the opponents, the bet "both will score-no"was played.
In each of the three face – to-face matches of the opponents, the bet "both will score-no"was played. As it seems to me, everything speaks about the next closed meeting of these collectives. My bet will be made precisely in favor of low performance.