In one of the matches of the Champions League group stage, the players of Liverpool and Milan will come face to face. Which of the rivals will get the victory in the upcoming confrontation? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this meeting.
"Liverpool" pleases its fans at the beginning of the season. In its ideal composition, the team shows excellent football. Last Sunday, Klopp's team won a crushing victory over Leeds on the road, creating an indecent number of scoring chances at the opponent's goal. In four rounds of the Premier League, Liverpool lost only 2 points. The Reds drew with Chelsea (1-1), while they won the other meetings. In four matches, the Reds conceded only 1 goal.
As for Milan, there is nothing to criticize him for yet. The team started the Italian championship perfectly. In the previous round, the Red-Blacks defeated Lazio on their own field (2: 0). Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who returned from injury, scored one of the goals. At the end of August, Milan managed to defeat Cagliari on their own field, and also won a guest victory over Sampdoria. In the game against Cagliari, Olivier Giroud scored two goals. However, the Frenchman may miss today's meeting, because in early September he suffered COVID-19.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Elliot (ankle) – Liverpool. Krunic (muscle injury) – AC Milan.
- Under question:
- Minamino (thigh), Williams (leg), Firmino (thigh) – all Liverpool. Bakayoko (injury), Ibrahimovic (Achilles injury) - all AC Milan.
Statistics and figures:
- Liverpool - the favorite of the meeting;
- The Reds have an 8-match series without defeats;
- "Milan" has a 4-match winning streak;
- The last face-to-face meeting of the rivals ended with a score of 2:0 in favor of the "reds".
"Liverpool" is many times stronger than the current "Milan". I think that the home team will be able to break through a handicap of 1 ball. We are placing our bet on this event. Fortunately, bookmakers give a solid coefficient for this event.