In the opening match of Euro 2020 football, the players of the national teams of Turkey and Italy will come face to face. On whose side will the victory be in this confrontation? Our sports portal offers a forecast for this match.
Before the start of the European Football Championship, the Turkish squad was able to hold three friendly matches. Apparently, the nominal hosts saved their energy in those meetings, although they showed very good results. The team of Shenol Gunesh managed to defeat the national team of Azerbaijan (2: 1), and just a couple of days later there was a meeting against Guinea, which ended in a draw - 0:0, but in that match the Turkish team had an experimental composition. At the beginning of June, Turkey held another meeting, in which it won over Moldova (2:0), thanks to goals scored by Yilmaz and Under.
Italy returns to the European forum after a sensational failure to qualify for the World Cup in Russia. Since then, the Italian squad has undergone a major reset under the leadership of the experienced Roberto Mancini. Interestingly, the Italian national team did not lose with this mentor. At the moment, "squadra azzurra" has a wonderful winless streak, which lasts for 27 matches. And the team's winning streak is 8 games, which, being in the Italian team, few people could boast of. Interestingly, during these eight games, Italy did not concede a single goal. Before the start of Euro 2020, the Italians held two friendly matches. First, they were able to warm up in San Marino (7: 0), after which they crushed the Czech national team (4:0).
Statistics and figures:
- Italy is a clear favorite of the game;
- Turkey has a 6-match unbeaten streak;
- The Turkish national team has lost only once in 13 previous meetings;
- Italy has a 27-match unbeaten streak;
- The Italian national team has won the last 8 games;
- In them, the Italians did not concede a goal;
- In the last face-to-face meeting, the opponents drew 1-1;
- Italy and Turkey have drawn three times in the previous 5 duels;
- The Italians have never lost to Turkey in their history.
The Italian national team has never lost to Turkey in its history. Apparently, "squadra azzurra" will be able to defeat its opponent this time. We advise you to take the victory of Italy with a handicap of 1 ball. Bookmakers set a high quote for this event.