In the second semi-final meeting of the Europa League, the main forces of Arsenal and Villarreal will clash. Will the Gunners be able to please their fans in this confrontation?
The start of the first match against Villarreal was a nightmare for Arsenal. Already at the end of half an hour of the game, the British "flew" to the opponent with the score 0:2. As expected, Unai Emery warmly welcomed his former team. And, we can say that Arsenal got off lightly, especially considering the fact that they finished the match in the minority. The Gunners won back one goal from Villarreal, and with the score 1: 2 went home, I will be clear favorites in the second leg.
As for Villarreal, the visiting team, without exaggeration, gave a unique series in the Europa League. The victory over Arsenal was the ninth in a row for the submariners. That is, in the playoff round, the "yellow submarine" has only won so far. At the same time, the team only once scored less than 2 goals. Like Arsenal, Villarreal did not relax at the weekend and won their championship meeting - at Getafe, this moment became important for the club against the backdrop of defeats against Barcelona and Alaves.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Ceballos (red card) - Arsenal. Capu (red card) - Villarreal.
- Luiz (hip) - Arsenal, Iborra (knee), Foyt (muscle injury) - both Villarreal .
- Under question:
- Lacazette (hip), Tierney (knee) - both Arsenal.
Statistics and figures:
- The hosts are the favorites of the meeting;
- In the first match, Villarreal won with a score of 2: 1;
- Arsenal and Villarreal have won their last matches;
- The opponents met each other only 5 times;
- The team playing on their own field has never lost.
Most likely, Arsenal will be able to overcome their opponent, but it is far from a fact that this victory will help the Gunners go further. We bet in favor of the "gunners" for the most pleasant quote in the match.