As part of the second semi-final match of the Champions League, the players of Manchester City and PSG will come face to face. Which side will be successful in the second match? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this meeting.
Manchester City players are one step away from the Champions League final. And there is still the most important match at the Etihad, and the advantage after the first game is only one goal. It's hard to believe in a PSG comeback right now, but there are all sorts of things in football. PSG produced an incredible 45 minutes, during which they managed to create a lot of dangerous chances at the opponent's goal and scored a goal thanks to the efforts of Marquinhos. But after the break, everything changed. Guardiola understood how to act against PSG, and in the end, City defeated the opponent with a score of 2: 1. At the same time, both goals of the citizens turned out to be curious. Manchester City beat Crystal Palace at the weekend. In this match, De Bruyne, Walker, Dias, Gundogan and Foden were left out. It is their coach "City" saves for the return meeting with "PSG".
It is worth noting that in the match with City, not everything was obtained thanks to Guardiola's decisions. It was not without the help of Pochettino, who made tactical mistakes. "PSG did everything right before the break, but then decided to act in a completely different manner. Instead of actively attacking, Pochettino decided to go on the counterattack. Parisians gave the ball to the opponent, and this mistake was the key. Who knows how the first game would have ended, spend PSG in the second half at least 15 minutes in the same way as before the break. With the score 0:2, City could have been banally nervous, but nothing like that happened. At the weekend, PSG won over Lens in the French championship, but this did not help the team to come out on top.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Guay (knee) - PSG.
- Garcia (illness) - Manchester City. Bernat (knee), Letelier (finger) - all PSG.
- Under question:
- Mbappe (calf injury) - PSG.
Statistics and figures:
- The hosts are the favorites of the meeting;
- Manchester City won the first leg 2-1;
- The townspeople have won their last 4 meetings;
- PSG won 4 games out of 5;
- This game will be the 63rd in the LCH playoffs for Guardiola - the most among coaches in history. Carlo Ancelotti has 62 such matches;
- 3 of De Bruyne's 10 goals in the LCH came against PSG, only against Parisians the Belgian scored more than a goal;
- In the first match, Mbappe did not shoot at the goal of "City" once.
No risk this time. Manchester City are the clear favourites for the match. Guardiola's team has been going to this final for too long and will not pull the bull by the horns. We bet in this match on the citizens who go to victory in the most prestigious club tournament of the Old World.