On Saturday, August 6, two matches of the first round of the Turkish Super League will be played. In the first of them, Sivasspor will play at home with Gaziantep. We bring to your attention the forecast for this meeting.
In the last championship, the Sivassans did not show themselves in the best way, being distinguished by serious instability, eventually taking a modest 10th place. We managed to brighten up the season by winning the Turkish Cup trophy. In the summer off-season, Sivasspor did not suffer a single defeat in the test matches, winning three times and drawing twice. But last Saturday, the Red-Whites lost to Trabzonspor without a chance (0:4) in the match for the Turkish Super Cup.
Gaziantep finished the last championship only in 15th place, although it broke away from the relegation zone by a fairly comfortable 10 points. Erol Bulut's team began preparatory work for the new season back in June, having managed to play as many as 10 test matches, in which 6 victories were obtained, 1 meeting ended in a draw and Gaziantep lost three more times, including to Istanbul's Fatih Karagyumryuk (1:4).
Statistics and figures
- "Sivasspor" has a 6-match unbeaten streak (4 wins + 2 losses);
- In the last five matches of Sivasspor, the Total bet was more than 2.5;
- In the last five home matches, "Sivasspor" has won only 2 victories, having also lost twice;
- "Sivasspor" has never lost in home face-to-face matches to Gaziantep (3 wins + 3 draws);
- Gaziantep has won only 1 match out of the last eight, losing four times;
- In three of the last five matches of Gaziantep, the Total bet was less than 2.5;
- Gaziantep has a 9-match winless streak in away matches of the Super League (1 draw + 8 defeats).
Gaziantep has frankly not impressed in recent test matches. Most likely, the team failed to achieve optimal form by the start of the season. "Sivasspor" should use this, especially since it is necessary to rehabilitate itself in front of its fans for a major defeat in the Turkish Super Cup.