Istanbul teams "Istanbul Bashaksehir" and "Besiktas" will meet in the only match of the ninth round of the Turkish Super League scheduled for Friday. We bring to your attention the forecast for this capital derby.
Basaksehir are only in 15th place, ahead of the relegation zone only by the difference of goals scored and conceded. Aikut Kojaman's team managed to win the last two home matches - against Fenerbahce (2:0) and Rizespor (3:0). Between them there was a guest defeat against Gaziantep (0:1), and in the last round bAshaksehir lost away to Fatih Karagiumryuk (1:3). During the October break, the club's management found a new coach – the team was headed by Emre Belezoglu.
The current champion of Turkey is still only in third place in the standings, but is only two points behind the leading Fenerbahce. Sergen Yalchyn's team failed at the end of September, first failing to beat Adana Demirspor at home (3:3), and then losing twice away – in the Altai championship (1:2) and in the Champions League to Ajax (0:2). But for the international break, Besiktas still left in high spirits, having outplayed Sivasspor in their native walls (2:1).
Statistics and figures
- Istanbul Bashaksehir has lost 6 matches out of eight played this season, winning only twice;
- In three of the last five matches of Istanbul Bashaksehir, the total bet was more than 2.5;
- In all four home matches of "Istanbul Bashaksehir" this season, the bet "At least one will not score" was held;
- Besiktas has a 4-match winning streak in head-to-head matches with Istanbul Bashaksehir;
- Besiktas have won only 1 match out of the last four, losing twice;
- In five of the last six matches of Besiktas, the bet "Both will score + Total more than 2.5" took place;
- Besiktas won only 1 match out of four away matches played this season, losing twice.
Emre Belezoglu is an authoritative person in Turkey, therefore, despite the lack of coaching experience, Istanbul Bashaksehir can surprise in this match due to simple motivation. The hosts will certainly strive to play aggressive attacking football. The defense of Besiktas was far from ideal in recent matches, although it is difficult for the Bashkshireans themselves to boast in this regard.