As part of one of the matches of the 1st round of the Russian Football Championship, the players of Lokomotiv Moscow and Arsenal Tula will come face to face. Which of the opponents will get the victory in the face-to-face confrontation?
The capital's team, led by Serbian coach Marko Nikolic, achieved very good results last season and was able to take third place. The bronze medalist lacked only one point to get into the Champions League, but the "red-green" will be able to play directly in the group stage of the Europa League, which is also very good. In the recent match for the Russian Super Cup, the Railwaymen lost with a crushing score to Zenit St. Petersburg (0: 3), and therefore they will be motivated to show a decent result in the debut match of the championship.
Arsenal Tula looks very exotic against the background of other rivals. First of all, thanks to the fact that in the camp of this team there are such players as Lomovitsky and Kangva, who showed themselves great last season and were able to score eight goals each. It is worth noting the fact that the pre-season matches were not the best for the "gingerbread". They lost in face-to-face meetings to such teams as Spartak, Chukarichki and Viktoria Plzen, but beat Qarabag with a minimum score of 1:0.
Statistics and figures:
- Lokomotiv is the favorite of the face-to-face battle with Arsenal;
- "Railwaymen" were able to win the last 2 matches;
- Arsenal have lost in 4 of the last 5 meetings;
- The last face-to-face meeting of the teams in the framework of the RPL ended with a score of 3: 0 in favor of Lokomotiv;
- Arsenal won 2 of the previous 5 meetings against Loko;
- The opponents have not played each other in the last 9 games.
Nikolic's team will draw the appropriate conclusions after the battle with Zenit and go to the meeting against Tula in a completely different emotional state. I assume that the victory in this game will be on the side of the "railwaymen".