The eighth round of the Portuguese Primeira Liga will open on Friday with two matches, in the first of which Sporting Lisbon will play at home with Barcelona's Gil Vicente. We bring to your attention the forecast for this duel.
At Sporting, everything is clearly not going according to plan in the domestic arena – only 10 points earned in seven rounds, which allows you to occupy a modest 8th place in the standings. The gap from the Champions League zone is already 6 points. Interestingly, in the Champions League, Lisbon got off to a great start, defeating German Eintracht on the road (3-0), and at home defeating English Tottenham (2-0). But before a two-week break in club football, they lost on the road to Boavista (1:2).
"Gil Vicente" also cannot be satisfied with the 10th place in the standings, having scored 9 points in seven rounds. At the same time, the Roosters failed to qualify for the group stage of the Conference League, having been eliminated in qualifying. In September, the Barcelona team lost at home to the reigning national champion Porto (0:2), after which they won a strong-willed victory over the worst team of the championship so far, Maritimo (2:1). In the last round, they pulled out a draw with Rio Ave (2-2) at home in the last minutes.
Statistics and figures
- Sporting have won 4 matches out of the last five, losing only once;
- In seven of the last eight matches of Sporting, there was a bet "At least one will not score";
- Sporting has a 26-match unbeaten streak at home (20 wins + 6 losses);
- Sporting has a 6-match winning streak in head-to-head matches with Gil Vicente;
- "Gil Vicente" has won only 1 match out of the last eight, losing four times;
- In four of the last five matches of "Gil Vicente", the bet "Both teams will score + Total more than 2.5" took place;
- "Gil Vicente" won only 1 match out of the last nine away games, losing 5 times.
Top teams often do not show their best football after the matches of national teams. But "Gil Vicente" is not very successful this season, so the Lisbonians still have to pick up the badly needed 3 points in a not very bright match.