On Saturday, January 29, the final match for the Portuguese League Cup will take place in Leiria, in which Benfica and Sporting Lisbon will meet. We bring to your attention the forecast for this duel.
The Eagles have not been very stable in the last two months, having suffered 3 defeats in the last seven rounds of the championship, having actually said goodbye to their dreams of a championship title, and also crashing out of the Portuguese Cup from Porto (0:3). This Tuesday, in the semi-finals of the League Cup, Benfica also did not look outstanding, only defeating Boavista in a penalty shootout (1:1, pen. 3:2).
Sporting's stability has also deteriorated, but with the arrival of a new calendar year. The Lions suffered two defeats in January, including losing at home in the last round to Braga (1:2). Ruben Amorim's team made their fans worry last Wednesday, having won a difficult strong-willed victory over Santa Clara (2:1) in the League Cup semi-finals.
Statistics and figures
- The last time Benfica was the winner of the League Cup was in 2016;
- Benfica has won only 2 matches out of the last six, losing twice as well;
- In the last four matches of Benfica, the "Total less than 2.5" bet was held;
- In the last nine full-time matches of Benfica with Sporting, there was not a single draw - 6 wins for the Eagles and 3 wins for the Lions;
- Sporting is the current winner of the League Cup;
- Sporting have lost 2 of their last five matches, winning three times;
- In seven of the last eight matches of Sporting, the Total bet was more than 2.5.
Sporting has been a specialist in winning League Cup trophies in recent years, having won 3 titles in 4 extreme seasons. But for Benfica, this is almost the only chance to brighten up a bad season. In the first half, teams should not be afraid to play aggressively, especially since they have good attacking potential. It is quite realistic that a goal will be scored before the break, and perhaps even several.