The 19th round of the Portuguese Primeira Liga will open on Friday with two matches, in the first of which Aroka will play at home with Benfica. The forecast for this duel is presented to your attention.
The Arokians are in the penultimate place in the standings, 2 points behind the safe zone. They have not been able to win since November. Armando Evangelista's team ended the past calendar year with a crushing home defeat against Braga (0:6). In January, "Aroka" managed to play only one match, two weeks ago losing a key match away to the worst team of the championship "Belenenses" (1:2).
Benfica is already 9 points behind the leading Porto. Given the realities of the Portuguese championship, this is almost a critical distance – the fight for the championship is most likely lost. At the beginning of the new calendar year, Jorge Jesus was replaced as head coach by Nelson Verissima. In his first match, he celebrated a home victory over Pasos de Ferreira (2:0), but in the last round, again, he only drew at home with Moreirense (1:1).
Statistics and figures
- "Aroka" has a 5-match winless streak (1 draw + 4 defeats);
- In six of the last seven matches of "Aroki", the bet "Both teams will score" took place;
- "Aroka" conceded 10 goals in the last two home matches (1:4, 0:6);
- Benfica has a 5-match winning streak in head-to-head matches with Aroka;
- Benfica has won only 1 match out of the last four, losing twice;
- In five of the last seven matches of Benfica, the Total bet was more than 2.5;
- Benfica have won only 2 matches out of the last eight away games, losing three times.
Benfica has been having a very difficult game lately, and the new coach needs more time to convey his ideas to the team. "Aroka", after the last two failed home matches, will probably concret the defense in the match with the grandee, and will endure. It is unlikely that the match will turn out bright and rich in goals.