Sporting Lisbon will play at home against Tondela in another Sunday match of the 12th round of the Portuguese Primeira Liga. We bring to your attention the forecast for this duel.
Ruben Amorim's team scored a crucial victory at home over Borussia Dortmund last Wednesday, which guaranteed Lisbon's entry into the Champions League playoffs. A few days before, the Lions beat Varzim in the national Cup (2:1). Sporting also have a complete order in the championship – only 4 points were lost in the 11 rounds played, and the Lisbonians are inferior to Porto in the championship race only by the difference of goals scored and conceded.
Modest "Tondela" also has something to brag about – the potential outsider of the championship is currently in tenth place in the standings, having a 4-point margin in front of the transition zone. At the end of October, the Tondelians lost twice - at home to Porto (1:3) and away to Aroka (0:2). But they got into the November international break in high spirits, defeating Maritima at home (4:2). Last Monday, the Golden Greens knocked Leixoesch out of the Portuguese Cup (3:1).
Statistics and figures
- Sporting has a 10-match winning streak;
- In eight of the last ten matches, Sporting have scored at least two goals;
- Sporting has a 7-match winning streak in home matches;
- Tondela has a 17-match unbeaten streak (6 wins + 11 losses);
- In eight of the last ten matches of Tondela, the bet "Both will score + Total more than 2.5" was held;
- Tondela have scored in five of their last six away matches.
Sporting have beaten Tondela dry in full-time matches in the last three matches, although before that they had a 3-match winless streak with two defeats. But now the Lisbonians are on such a move that it is difficult to imagine a possible sensation and a set of points "golden-green". The guests can score a goal by playing on their favorite counterattacks, but they are unlikely to be able to cling even to a draw.