The extensive program of the second round of the French Ligue 1 will open in Lorient, where the local team of the same name will host Lyon. We bring to your attention the forecast for this meeting.
Lorient did not stand out in anything special last season, taking 16th place in the championship, finishing just four points from the transition zone. Except that he became one of the least productive teams in Ligue 1, scoring 35 goals in 38 matches. But in the first round of the new season, the Merluzovs managed to beat the fourth French team Rennes on the road (1-0).
Lyon, after a nondescript last season, conducted a high-quality transfer campaign, hoping to fight for prizes in the championship. The "Weavers" did not manage to approach the beginning of the championship in optimal form, which can be seen from the results of the test matches. But in the first round, Lyon still defeated Ajaccio at home (2:1), thanks to a significant advantage in class over the opponent.
Statistics and figures
- Lorient has won only 1 match out of the last six, losing three times;
- In the last three matches of Lorient, the Total bet was less than 2.5;
- Lorient has a 3-match winless streak at home (1 draw + 2 defeats);
- Lyon has a 4-match unbeaten streak in head-to-head matches with Lorient (2 wins + 2 draws);
- Lyon has a 9-match unbeaten streak (6 wins + 3 losses);
- In the last nine matches of Lyon, the Total bet was more than 2.5;
- "Lyon" has won only 2 matches out of the last seven away matches, having also lost twice.
"Lorient" will again play in its own style, concreting the defense as much as possible, striving first of all to destroy the opponent's game. But still, after the victory over Rennes, it's hard to believe the sensation from him for the second time in a row. Lyon has to deal with this opponent in class, just like with Ajaccio a week ago.