In the match of the 36th round of the English championship, Newcastle and Manchester City will compete. Will the "citizens" be able to show a successful game in the status of the national champion?
"Newcastle" for three rounds before the finish is in the Premier League standings in 16th place. But this is no longer a problem, as the Magpies were able to avoid relegation. And not least due to the fact that the spring period is very powerful. In six previous meetings, the team of Steve Bruce suffered only one defeat, while gaining 11 points. In the last round, the Magpies managed to score a 4-2 away win over Leicester.
As expected, the players of Manchester City were able to win the league title ahead of schedule. This happened after Manchester United's home defeat to Leicester. It was then that City's sole pursuer lost his last hopes of a league title. This could have happened earlier, but the Guardiola team has relaxed slightly in the last rounds and allowed itself to lose tournament points in several games. In the last round of the English championship, City also lost, losing to Chelsea with the score 1: 2.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Cher (red card) – Newcastle.
- Anderson (kick), Darlow (knee), Lascelles (foot), Fraser (groin), Hayden (knee) – all Newcastle.
- Under question:
- De Bruyne (muscle injury) – Manchester City.
Statistics and figures:
- Guests are listed as favorites of the meeting;
- Newcastle have a 3-match winning streak;
- Manchester City have won 4 games in 5 games;
- The last face-to-face meeting between the rivals ended with the score 2: 0 in favor of Manchester City»;
- "Citizens" won the last 3 matches against "Newcastle".
In this meeting, not everything is as clear as it may seem. Guardiola now makes no sense to risk the main players in meaningless meetings. As it seems, Manchester City can afford to lose points in this meeting. At least, no one expects a defeat in this match.