On Tuesday, May 11, Manchester United will host Leicester in the 36th round of the English championship. Will the hosts be able to score three points against their opponent?
"Manchester United" in early April knocked out in the quarter-finals of the Europa League "Granada", winning 2 wins with a score of 2: 0. After that, in the Premier League, the team defeated "Burnley" with a score of 3: 1. Then the "red devils" on the road went in peace with "Leeds" (0: 0), and in the Europa League defeated "Roma" with a crushing result of 6:2. In the second leg, "Roma", however, took revenge (2:3), but "United" had enough groundwork to reach the final match. In the last match of the Premier League, Manchester United defeated Aston Villa on the road, losing with a score of 0: 1.
In early April, the Foxes lost on the road to West Ham in the Premier League, after which they went to Southampton (1-0) in the home semi-final of the FA Cup. After that, the team of Rodgers in the matches of the English championship on their own field defeated West Brom and managed to defeat Christa Palace (2: 1). In recent matches, Leicester exchanged goals with Southampton in the Premier League, and then lost to Newcastle (2:4) on their own field. After 35 rounds of the English championship, Leicester are in 4th place with 63 points.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- James (injury), Jones( knee), Martial (knee) - all Manchester United. Barnes (knee), Justin( knee), Morgan (lower back) - all Leicester.
- Under question:
- Maguire (ankle) - Manchester United. Evans (injury) - Leicester.
Statistics and figures:
- The hosts of the meeting are the bookmakers ' favorites;
- Manchester United have won 3 of the previous 5 matches;
- Leicester have a 2-match winless streak;
- In the last face-to-face meeting, Leicester defeated Manchester United 3-1;
- In the first round match, the opponents drew 2-2.
I bet on the victory of the Manchester team in this meeting. The "Red Devils" look the most preferable in recent meetings and are the clear favorites of this confrontation.