The 22nd round of the Cyprus Championship starts on Thursday with two matches, in one of which Limassol AEL will play at home with Chlorak Akritas. We present to your attention the forecast for this meeting.
AEL takes 8th place in the standings, 6 rounds before the end of the first part of the championship, 7 points behind the top 6 - it will be extremely difficult to win back. In the last two home matches of the championship, he defeated APOEL dry (1:0) and Karmiotissa (2:0). Between them there was an away defeat from Omonia (0:1). In the last round, the team of Chedomir Janevski lost away to Nea Salamina (0:2).
Akritas is languishing in the last 14th place in the standings, but the chances of survival remain - the gap even from the 11th line is only 3 points. But over the past two months, in ten matches played, the Chloraks have won and drawn only 1 time, losing in all other cases. In the last three rounds, they lost dry on the road to APOEL (0:2), and at home to Olympiacos (0:1) and Karmiotissa (0:2).
Statistics and figures
- AEL has won 4 matches out of the last nine, losing twice;
- In 10 of the last 11 AELA matches, the bet was "At least one will not score + Total less than 2.5";
- AEL has not conceded a single goal in the last five home matches, winning three times;
- Akritas has a 5-match winless streak, with the last 4 matches being lost;
- In the last four matches of the championship, Akritas has not scored a single goal;
- Akritas has a 13-match winless away streak (3 draws + 10 defeats).
It is extremely difficult for Akritas to score goals recently. In a duel with AEL, especially on the road, this goalless series should continue. Limassol residents play as reliably as possible in their own half of the field in their native walls. It's incredibly difficult for even the leaders to score here, not to mention the outsiders.